AAUSC @ ACTFL 2018 New Orleans
Travel/Professional Development Grant: Call for Submissions
The goals of the American Association of University Supervisors and Coordinators (AAUSC) are to:
- strengthen and improve foreign language curricula and instruction at the university level;
- strengthen professional development programs for teaching assistants/teaching fellows/associate instructors, or their equivalents;
- establish a forum for the exchange of ideas, experiences, and materials for TA training;
- promote research on the training and supervision of TAs.
In keeping with this mission, the AAUSC offers a limited number of travel/professional development grants to members who wish to attend the annual ACTFL convention each November. The grant covers up to $500 and can be used to pay the conference fee to attend ACTFL, and travel or lodging expenses.
Although any current AAUSC member may apply for a grant, priority will be given to members who:
- are new or recent AAUSC members;
- are non-tenure-track language program directors/coordinators;
- will be presenting at the ACTFL convention; or
- otherwise receive limited or no institutional or other support for conference attendance
Grant recipients are required to attend all AAUSC-sponsored sessions at the ACTFL convention and to post a summary of their experiences on the AAUSC website (aausc.org) and Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/aausc.lpd).
Applications letters (1 page maximum, single-spaced, 12 pt font) should state:
- how attendance at the conference will strengthen the applicant’s involvement with AAUSC;
- how he or she plans to contribute to the organization in the future;
- a budget stating how the money would be used; and
- details of other sources of support, if any have been applied for, will be applied for, or have been awarded.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 June 2018
AWARDS ANNOUNCED BY: 15 July 2018